Saturday, January 7, 2012

G.D.O. (Girls Day Out) on a Sunny but Cold Saturday

Happy 1st Weekend of 2012, Everyone!!!! It is sunny, yet chilly in southern California! As I got dressed this morning, I wanted to wear a dress but this is no summer weather! To balance and compromise, I turned to layering! :) Of course being me, I needed some colors (what is life w/o colors) in my outfit, thus I pulled out my basic orange light-weight sweater! Problem solved! =)

I really enjoy this chained purse (by MANGO) because of its color and versatility! You can wear it casually as a crossbody purse, which is so fitting for a GDO filled with shopping, movies, and yummy food! :) 
Because the day requires plenty of walking, I paired this outfit with my flats (not pictured....sorry) which was also orange! 
Sweater: H&M
Dress and belt: F21
Accessories: H&M
Make-up: Winged taupe eye-shadow (Urban Decay) 
Double checked hair, make-up, and outfit and ready to go! :) 

While hanging out with one of my besties today, I asked her what are her new year's resolutions and she replied "To live simply and give back to the community." I love the idea! Living in SoCal make us forget how lucky we have it--not just with the weather but pretty much everything else that makes us "The Jones," who everyone is trying to keep up with! So instead of paying for materialistic "things" it's time we refocus and pay it forward to our communities and people in need.

I wholeheartedly agree with my wonderful and caring dear friend and decided to also make it my one of my goals for 2012 (I don't make resolutions >_<')!

So for 2012 I have 3 Goals: not in order of importance
1. Slow down and enjoy the present (learn from the past and don't worry too much about the future)
2. Read 5 books for fun
3. Give back by volunteering (at least once a month)

I think these goals are reasonable and definitely attainable! =) I'm super excited to start out this year on a more positive note! If you're interested in volunteering with me or have ideas, please let me know!!! Let's give back together!!! <3

I am so excited for this coming year! I know there will be many exciting memories ahead with friends and family! I can't wait to see what the year brings! :) <3

xX,
Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment