Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dining Out

I am the queen of "eating out!" Yes, there are many days where I would dine out all 3 meals a day! =P

Below are places I've been to:

Orange County, CA:

Plum Cafe, Costa Mesa
Website: plumscafe.com
Comment: I was there for breakfast and it was delicious! My friend and I didn't have to wait long for our table because we sat at the bar! The server was super friendly and attentive! Always a plus! ;)

Kya Street Fare (Hotel Menage), Anaheim
Website: http://kyarestaurant.com
Comment: I love street food!!! The menu was fabulous! Wish I had ordered everything on the menu! Must go back for a complete tasting! hehehe...=P

Los Sanchez, Garden Grove
Website: http://www.lossanchez.com/loca.htm
Comment: Need I say more?! This whole plate plus a small drink only cost $10!!!
California burrito: chicken, fries (yes, fries!!!) guacamole, sour cream, bean, rice, lettuce, and tomato =)

Sushi Kappo Suzumaru, Tustin
Comment: I usually do take-out from here but the food is always good! I love their chirashi, nabeyaki udon, and dinner combo....ok, pretty much everything is good there although a little pricey.... =)

Sushi Koto, Fountain Valley 
Comment: I'll let the pictures for themselves....



This is the Chirashi Zen (two tiers!) w/ miso soup. The presentation was beautiful but the sushi rice was a little dry =/

OSECHI for NEW YEARS: 4-course meal for a new beginning






Cream Pan, Tustin
Comment: LOVE the Strawberry croissants! <3 They're light, flaky, and crispy but not too sweet! The perfect combo! The cream pan and banana tart are also delicious! Ahhh....dessert makes me weak.... ;)


Mizuki, Irvine
Comment: Best place to for happy hours (4pm-7pm)! Most appetizers are 50% off. The ramen are delicious and the portions are HUGE! See for yourself! =)









Los Angeles Area:


Griddle Cafe, Los Angles (Breakfast)
Website: www.thegriddlecafe.com
Comment: The wait was long (20-30 minutes at @10 am) but it was worth it! The pancakes (Red Velvet and Eyes Wide Open) are huge! My friend was only able to finish 1/4 of the double stack pancakes! Next time, we'll order just one pancake....btw, the French press coffee was excellent (free refill)! 

Bea Bea's, Burbank 
Comment: I was here for breakfast on a weekday w/ my bff and there was no wait. Loved the grilled chicken avocado omelette w/ hash brown (my breakfast of champion)! I have to go back and try the Oreo pancakes! =) 
Toast Bakery Cafe, Los Angeles
Website: http://www.toastbakerycafe.net/
Comment: Delicious food! I've been here twice! I was told that celebrities like Jessica Alba are usually spotted here, but I'm still waiting....=P
Turkey burger and sweet potato fries! YuMm!


Ketchup, Los Angeles
Website: www.dolcegroup.com/ketchup
Comment: Great atmosphere and a fun place for a girls night out! We ordered multiple appetizers (threesome fries, Californication crab cakes, Kobe sliders, and something else?) and they were filling! The servers were really nice and friendly! Always a plus that they were cute...loL =P


Gangandi Indian Cuisine
Website: http://gangadin.biz
Comment: Delicious food! I've been here twice and both times we were very satisfied! ;) The servers were super nice and attentive!
Aloo chat papri

Lamb biryani

Chicken tikka masala

Garlic Naan


Wurstkutche, Los Angeles
Website: http://www.wurstkucherestaurant.com/
Comment: A fun place to be after work! Great beers and dogs...oh yea, the Belgian fries were awesome!!! Check out their menu for some exotic meats (rabbit, veal, alligator, rattlesnake, etc.)! I was impressed! =)



LaLa's Grill, Los Angeles
Website: http://www.lalasgrill.com/
Comment: Let's just say 3 out of 4 of us ordered steak (Entrana al Champignon) for $17! Great price and definitely a fun place to dine w/ friends. I'd have to go back and try other dishes too! :)

Animal Restaurant, Los Angeles
Website: http://www.lalasgrill.com/menu.html
Comment: The menu changes daily but it consists of exotic meats (i.e. sweetbreads, BBQ pork belly sliders w/ slaw = yum!!!!! A must!)

Il Chianti, Lomita (Torrance Area)
Website: http://www.il-chianti.com/il_la.html
Comment: Must try Softshell crab hand rolls, Greek pasta, squid ink pasta


Dessert
Sweet Lady Jane
Website: http://www.sweetladyjane.com/
Comment: Love all the pastries and especially the bread pudding!!!! These are to die for! I still have to try the cake....will be back soon! hehehe...=P

Syrup Desserts, Los Angeles
Comment: Liege waffle with strawberries and ice-cream was sweeeeeettttttttt......The portion was small for the price but worth every bite! I heard the grilled cheese is also up there! ;) Do I hear another visit coming up? I love dessert...makes life so much sweeter!!! lOL!

Porto's Bakery, Glendale
Website: www.portosbakery.com
Comment: The place was so crowded, but I can see why! So much goodies and items to try! To be honest, I was a little overwhelmed! I'll have to go back and try even more....=P Can't wait!

Guava cheese pastry....on the House! =P

Ham & Cheese croissant and Steak tortas (on French bread instead of tortas). So yummy!! 

Ham & Cheese croissant: up-close! 

Steak tortas: steak, avocado, black bean spread and lettuce! 

Alcove Cafe and Bakery, Los Angeles
Website: www.alcovecafe.com
Comment: Delicious cakes! I tried the berries layered cake and peanut butter fudge layered cake...they were to die for, especially with a cup of espresso!!!! =)
The slice is huge!!!

Peanut butter fudge (w/ chunks of fudge and chocolate chips)....need I say more? 

Berries layered cake: black berries, blueberries, and strawberries. Fluffy and light...heavenly! O=)
Red Velvet cake....yummie!!!! <3



1 comment:

  1. Ms. Shinozaki,

    The blog looks yummy. I hope you're doing well. Keep on eating!

    Quinn

    ReplyDelete